Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Grandbaby Bump

I stole this photo from my daughter's blog, Jerry and Amanda; it is of my grandbaby bump!! And, of course, my own precious child... one of them. =) About two years ago I was at an estate sale and came across a collection of beautiful hand-sewn baby dresses. They were wrought of fine batiste with delicate embroidery. I experienced a rush of emotion. I bought three. Brought them home. Called my daughter's cell phone and left a message that I had bought baby dresses and by doing so had started my "Hope Chest." Now, I did not hear back from her for almost forty-eight hours. By then, I was starting to worry that I had overstepped my bounds only to find out that she was traveling, had left her phone charger in Houston, and had been unable to check her messages. Thank Goodness! She was only mildly amused. I hinted pretty strongly over the next year until she took me aside and let me know I was becoming a nag. Hating that, I stopped mentioning a grandbaby at every opportunity. Now, another year down the road, we have a new member of the family on the way. Needless to say, I am MOST excited about this baby. He is due to arrive in July!

The first baby gifts: a.k.a. The Hope Chest

No comments:

Post a Comment